Thursday, 27 December 2012

The tale of the ever changing Christmas manicure...

Happy Christmas all! Today we'll have a traditional christmas fairytale. The hero (yours truly) will go through endless amounts of polish trouble, but trust me - it all ends well.

This year for christmas, I wanted to do something special for Christmas eve. I started out with this a few days before christmas, loving this winter theme but I wanted to do something more christmassy.



Instead I decided to go for red, a colour I never usually wear but it is just so very christmassy. I decided to wear China Glaze Ring in the Red, a polish given to me recently by the lovely Line. Now, I don't have a picture of this step, but it was pretty red. I have had to retrieve pics for this post from where I posted them to friends, because I kept deleting my own pictures in anger haha!


So being uncomfortable with just the red, I tried stamping.


Looking back at this step, it's actually quite pretty but I was being terribly difficult, so I changed it.

I once again went with China Glaze Ring in the Red, and decided to add Lynnderella Happy Holodaze. Another quite pretty step, that I did not save a picture of. But being unable to leave well enough alone I decided to add half moons to the mix. For this, I used some terrible stickers from Essence, that both tore off the polish and let the green polish seep under. *sigh*


So once again I started over, and I was determined to create that epic christmas mani! It was getting a bit late, but I decided to once again go with the China Glaze Ring in the Red (bottle level quickly dwindling) and some tape trees, topped with Lynn Happy Holodaze.


This one I actually quite liked! But as fate would have it, the snow started falling and I was stuck at home for another day before I could go to my parents' house for christmas. An extra day with no plans? You gotta change your manicure! And trying to avoid the acetone nightmare that was the night before, I went for safe and ended up with this:


Obviously inspired by the falling snow, it was still pretty much back where I started! But I do love these. Nubar Faded jeans with Girly Bits Smurf Dance and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.

And christmas came and it was good :)

As a bonus picture, this is the (slightly modernised) traditional marzipan candy I made with my nephews:




HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

(and don't forget to enter my new years give away!)






3 comments:

  1. What a fairy tale! I'm so glad it ended well at the end! :D

    Ps. The only one I would have removed would have been the half moon one. But that's mainly because I'm not that crazy about half moon manis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also very indecisive with my holiday manicures, but I don't think I've ever gone through so many. Kudos to you for sticking to the end with it! :) I think each manicure is lovely and I love your marzipans :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, so mani Christmas-manis. I hope you had fun changing it. I sure did have fun watching it ;-)
    Dejligt at finde en fellow dansk negleblogger. Er på jagt efter dem. I'll be back ;-)

    ReplyDelete