Thursday, 8 November 2012

Love and understanding




November 8th has been chosen as a day where we group together in the nail polish community against bullying. 

As a family therapist, I meet bullying regularly and I see the damage it does to children. I meet the children on both sides, both the bullies and the ones being bullied and let me tell you - no one on either side is happy. The bullying creates hate and animosity and breaks down children every day. 

I always like to work towards something good as opposed to away from something bad, because I believe words are powerful and stick with us. So this post is dedicated to love and understanding, those are the words we want to stick around.

For my purple mani, I have chosen a pawprint stamp. I have chosen it because it symbolises the trails we as people leave when we interact with other people. Trails stick around even when we are not there to see them anymore. Everything we do leave a trail, so make sure your trail in life is full of love and understanding. Thank you.



I used Barry M Indigo as a base and stamped it with Barry M Chameleon Lilac 


In honour of this cause, Llarowe will be donating $2 for every purple polish sold on the site from 12am on Thursday, November 8th to 12am on Friday, November 9th 2012 to Pacer.org, an organization devoted to education to stop bullying. What a great excuse to get shopping!!


Check out the other lovely ladies with purple manicures




7 comments:

  1. Sweetie, I love the print metafor, so true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The traces we leave behind are important both to ourselves and to others. It's good to know that we have left a mark in the world.

      Delete
  2. Such a cute mani, thxxx for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hvor er det bare fint <3 Og sikke et dejligt budskab :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and understanding is all we need. Thanks - I love this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost added a video with the Cher song even though I really don't like it, but I could NOT get it out of my head while I was writing this! :D

      Delete