Sunday, 5 August 2012

More fun with franken!

I want to show you a couple of frankens I have made by mixing store bought polishes only.

First, meet the Beach Smurf - a small blue guy, stuck in a lot of pale sand:

Beach Smurf



Beach smurf is a mix of:
No7 Clear polish
HOT! Splash Dive
Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow
Wet 'n' Wild : French White Creme

I use the clear base to keep the polish from being too opaque and hiding the glitters.

The next franken is Disco Pony - my little pony with a disco twist


Disco Pony

Disco Pony is a mix of:
Sally Hansen: Blue Me Away
HOT!: Splash Dive
Wet 'n'wild Party of Five Glitters
Revlon: Plum Attraction
Wet 'n' Wild: French White Creme

When I first started frankening, I had a lot of fun with sinking, melting and discoloured glitter. I had a lot of glitters from a local craft store, and I decided to test them individually to see if any of them were any good. So I put them all individually in a bit of base, and here is what happened:


Some lasted an hour, some lasted a day and a few even lasted a week, but in the end they all started dissolving and losing colour to the base. No wonder all those first polishes went weird after a while!

Have you tried frankening or would you like to try it?


7 comments:

  1. Haha! Elsker det sidste billede :D Og ihhh hvor er lakkerne blevet fine med labels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ja de ser SÅ prof ud nu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO clever - you really aught to start making polish, wouldn't it be great with our very own Danish Indie polish maker, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Beach Smurf, poor little guy stuck in the sand, I'm sure he would feel much better her at my place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MUMS hvor ser de to frankens bare fede ud :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Du er altså virkelig sej, Stinna :o)
    De ser såååå cool ud!

    ReplyDelete