Thursday, 2 August 2012

Mario is in the building!


After waiting what seems like an eternity (but was really just 13 days), the Dollish Polish Mario collection is finally here! It's the first time I have ever bought a full collection like that, but as a huge fan of gaming and Mario, I had to own every one of these polishes.




From pointy to pinky
Go Luigi!
1-Up
Dino-mite Yoshi
The Koopa King
From pointy to pinky
It's A Me, Mario!
A Peachy Princess
Toad-ally Awesome
Wicked Wario

Go Luigi!
Marios brother is always the sidekick. He's good, but just not as good as Mario. the same really goes for the polish - it's good but not as good as Mario! I feel a bit bad for the guy, because being almost as awesome as Mario is still pretty damn awesome. Blue and green glitters with the occasional silver star. It is best served dabbed on the nail, and it's shown with two coats, but could probably have used a third.

1-Up
Who doesn't need an extra life handy and ready to go on your nails? I love the simplicity of the white and green glitter so much, i don't even mind the bar glitter!

Dino-mite Yoshi
My favourite little dinosaur is now also my favourite polish. It's a beautiful mix of green, red and white glitter, with micro glitter that shines golden orange. I especially  love the big hex pastel green glitter, they're very unique and pretty. The application was a bit annoying, it had to be dabbed on the nail for it to spread proĆ„erly.

The Koopa King
Oh Bowser, the evil king of the koopas. A big bully with a crush on an unobtainable princess. I feel a bit sorry for him, I think he could really improve his own life by getting a bit of therapy. But then what would me and Mario do with all our spare time?? I was very impressed with this polish, i didn't expect it to be so pretty. I think I mainly disliked it because I'm not a fan of bar glitter, and I seem to have managed to paint my nail without getting any bar glitter on it. Not on purpose, and looking at the bottle I think the bar glitter is going to look fine. Application was fine, 2 coats.

It's A Me, Mario!
Mario - the most determined plumber in the world! He will never give up on rescuing his princess. With that kind of determination, I wish i could get him to fix the water pressure problem in my bathroom that makes all other plumbers shrug and say sorry. It's really beautiful, and has a new formula since changing from a single polish to part of a collection.

New Mario vs. old Mario
A Peachy Princess
A tribute to the princess who is always in another castle. This polish probably surprised me the most. It's a mix of different shapes of pink and holo glitter, and as I don't really like to wear pink polish, I bought this only because of my love for Mario - I couldn't very well leave his beloved Princess Peach behind! It's blingy and girly, and I like it much more than I expected to. It applies smoothly and covers well, it is shown here with 2 coats.

Toad-ally Awesome
Toad, the little mushroom who likes to sit all over the Mushroom Kingdom to help out the Mario Bros in their princess saving business. He is one of my favourite in this collection, mainly because I have a thing for white glitter at the moment. It's a mix of different shapes of white, red hexes and blue squares and blue micro glitter. I had a bit of trouble with application, the red hex and the blue squares didn't want to show up on the nail. It was also the only one of the collection that needed 3 coats, and it is still much less opaque than most of the others.. The glitters also seem to sink a bit in the bottle. I still love it though!

Wicked Wario
Greedy Wario would of course have been angry if he weren't to have his own polish like the others. A very pretty purple glitter, though it doesn't seem as unique to me as the rest of this collection. Application was very smooth, and the coverage was good in 2 coats.


All polishes were applied over a coat of Nubar Palisade and finished off with a coat of Seche Vite. After that, they were all quite smooth, except Yoshi that could have used another coat of SV.
All together, i am very happy that I own every single polish shown here, and I can't wait to start thinking of fun base colours to combine them with!

The only thing I miss from this collection is that it does not come with a new installment of Paper Mario. Get it sorted Nintendo!

I was only gonna write a brief nail mail post today, and this is what I end up doing - I just don't know when to stop! This is exactly why I don't have a blog.




You can find Dollish Polish on Facebook: Dollface22772
And her shop on Big Cartel: Dollish Polish

Dolly announces her sales ahead of time on her shop page and facebook page. Her polishes can also be found on Llarowe and Overall Beauty

6 comments:

  1. What a great nail mail! I especially like Mario! ♥
    I don't think I've ever tried buying an entire collection of any series either O:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen a series that I wanted to own as much as this one!

      Delete
  2. My fave is It's A Me, Mario! - gorgeous collection!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, and I love the new Mario formula. I'm just a tiiiiny bit sad about the sinking toad glitter, I'm gonna try to look at other reviews to see if it's a general problem or just mine. It's still gorgeous though!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know! I am actually quite jealous of myself!

      Delete