Sunday, 29 July 2012

First frankening efforts...

I started playing with the idea of frankening a few months back. I like to be creative, I paint, create jewellery and so on... the idea of creating my own polish really appealed to me. So I got myself to the nearest craft store, bought myself some glitter and stocked up on clear nail polish and I was ready to go!

Yeah, right....

This is where those early experiments are today:



A terrible mess of goopy, sinking glitter. A party of discoloured and dissolved glitter, all lovely settled at the bottom of the bottles. Nowhere near the homemade party-in-a-bottle fiestas I had imagined.

So after a lot of research, I have figured out just how big a project it really is to make your own polishes. I have given up on the idea a few times, often because of the complete unavailability of suspension base in Europe.

I have now started mixing mainly from pre-made polishes, where the glitter already has suspension base and the pigments are already properly dissolved - I just have to mix and be merry!

I have also ordered this:



A Franken starter kit with a bit of base and glitters, for me to mix with my experiments with store bought polishes. I can't wait to get it!



No comments:

Post a Comment